RT: Request Tracker
RT 4.4.3 Release Notes
RT 4.4.3 -- 2018-06-26
We're pleased to announce the general availability of RT 4.4.3. This
release introduces several new features and also bugfixes.
General user UI
* Show the Ticket's Subject when modifying the ticket.
* Re-format RT/Config.pm so the `# loc` comment parses correctly.
* Sort saved searches alphabetically by name rather than by id.
* In Self Service, provide a path to remove attachments from the session
when they are deleted from dropzone by the user (I#32663).
* Fix evaluation of set vs. unset custom fields on display for correct hiding.
* Set dropzone attachment size based on RT's MaxAttachmentSize configuration.
* Add a configuration option TreatAttachedEmailAsFiles to treat attached email
as a file attachment instead of parsing as regular email.
* Restore email header parsing for items like email addresses when
TreatAttachedEmailAsFiles is not set. This was disabled in a previous
* Respect default queue settings in Create linked ticket dropdown (I#32884).
* More fixes for recipient checkboxes on update. This version removes previous
problematic fixes and gives a visual indication (shading) when RT is updating
recipients in the background and checkboxes should not be changed (I#33027).
* Provide a way to reset personal search preferences back to the RT system
* Add an Untake action to the Actions tab.
* Add active and inactive status to query builder.
* Re-add Queue to 'Order by' dropdown in Search Builder.
* Make admin searches for queue and group case insensitive making it easier to
* When editing ticket basics, always add valid default value to queue selection,
taking into account SeeQueue rights.
* Set dropzone parallelUploads to 1 to avoid losing attachments. Also
set parallelUploads when the dropzone object is created.
* Correct error messages on user rights for CF admin UI.
* In ticket history, respect ShowHeaders option from request for
* Fix ExtraArgs of callback ExtraShowHistoryArguments in ScrollShowHistory.
* In the ticket history with scroll set, continue to get transactions until all
have been shown, even if a block has been hidden for some reason (rights, etc.).
* Add PreferDropzone config/pref option for users. Dropzone is not accessible
to screen readers and this enables the previous attachments interface which
* In the query builder, set operator to "IS" or "IS NOT" for NULL values.
This fixes a regression from pre-4.4 RT behavior.
* Don't create ticket if user clicks "Go" buttons of "Include Article".
* Fix CF name escape for asset search's spreadsheet download.
* Show the user in single member custom roles even if the user is
* Stop wrapping ShowUser in <a> tags to avoid unnecessary nested links.
* When listing group members, sort by text-only representation of the
user, not HTML (I#30771)
* In the group admin page, stop pre-computing ShowUser.
* In shredder, check for both id and name mismatches when loading objects.
* Add a new rt-passwd command to make it easy to reset passwords on the
* Support custom roles in RT serializer/importer tools.
* Support catalogs and assets in RT serializer/importer tools.
* Update RT's module dependencies for SSL (https) to align with updates
to the CPAN module ecosystem.
* Add age, batchsize, and dry-run options to rt-externalize-attachments.
* Set proper HTTP Status codes on Abort.
* The value for converting the owner dropdown to an autocomplete textbox can
now be updated in configuration with DropdownMenuLimit.
* Switch to Clone::clone to copy config structures in Obfuscate callbacks. This
restores support for REGEXP and CODE configuration on the System Configuration page.
* Provide a way to pass more options to Net::LDAP from LDAPImport configuration.
* Provide more debug output on connection failures in LDAPImport.
* Store log messages until RT::Logger is initialized. This means messages logged
before the logger is available, like "Change of config option..." can now
respect the configured log level.
* In shredder, check for both id and name mismatches when loading objects
* Retain scrip sort order in pagination links
* Cache OCFVs to improve performance searching for duplicates when adding
* Remove unused dependencies on File::Copy and Carp.
* On Oracle, return the empty string instead of undef for Subject when it
has no value on a ticket.
* When linking, load assets by id to confirm the asset exists. This makes
asset link handling consistent with ticket handling.
* Various fixes for compatibility with perl 5.26.
* Support unicode characters in constant time comparison function
* Allow merge for tickets only, not other types like reminders (I#32700).
* Preload Encode with UTF-8 to avoid masking other errors (I#32648).
* Process multiple links via the REST 1.0 interface.
* Add SLA field support on REST 1.0.
* Build table attributes for RT::Asset. This is needed to allow assets to work
properly with REST 2.0.
* Avoid uninitialized value warnings with __CustomField__.
* Call DoAuth only if ExternalAuthPriority is not empty, allowing use of
ExternalAuthInfo without ExternalAuthPriority set.
* Use "id asc" as the default sort order of GroupMembers for consistent ordering.
* Cache OCFVs to improve performance searching for duplicates on add.
* In CollectionAsTable, fix the uninitialized warning in case @Order is empty.
* In rt-validator, update link checking regex to match asset links.
* Remove trailing "/" from RT::URI::asset::LocalURIPrefix for consistency.
* Use RT::Logger for EmailInputEncodings config warnings.
* "Die" properly when receiving an invalid query via to FromSQL.
* Avoid using $id in /Ticket/Display.html so callbacks can modify id in ARGS.
* Pass the MIME entity to ParseTicketId in addition to subject.
* Remove a 'This is scary' comment from code that has been running fine for
over 10 years.
* Improve warning tracking for automated tests.
* Add an Initial callback to Bulk.html.
* Don't fail externalauth/auth_config.t tests if Net::LDAP is missing.
* Find an idle port for LDAP test server to avoid tests hanging when running
in parallel mode.
* When testing, make sure DevelMode is on to catch compilation errors.
* Avoid uninitialized warnings of empty ticket subjects on Oracle.
* In the MessageBox template, default callback, pass $message by reference in
MessageRef, as the variable name implies. This will break previous use of
MessageRef as a scalar.
* Add support for a NeverNotifyActor argument to Notify actions.
* Mention the RT-Attach-Message: yes header in template docs.
* Fix incorrect path in portlet documentation.
* In $ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs docs, mention the RT::Action::AutoAddWatchers
* Document queue-level template overrides.
* Document using prove and RT_TEST_PARALLEL for tests.
* Note in UPGRADING that RT::Extension::AdminConditionsAndActions is now in core.
* Remove unnecessary AUTHORS sections from docs.
* Update rt-static-docs documentation processing to fix broken links.
* Add MariaDB support to documentation and rt-setup-fulltext-index.
* Many changes to refactor sections of RT's internationalization code.
A complete changelog is available from git by running:
git log rt-4.4.2..rt-4.4.3